Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Body Rock

So I am going to post this on here with a disclaimer....my hubby (who I've mentioned before is FREAKIN' Amazing and blessed with a super high metabolism and lean body as a result) and I have been really focusing on doing stuff together. I told you about Krav Maga. And, for those of you that care, I want you to know that I love it. The workout is amazing. I feel wonderful. And, the best part of it all, I look better. (Not quite ready to tell you HOW much better...I want to save that for a big reveal later...but it's coming.) Anyway, because my husband is so amazing and supportive, he spent some time looking for workouts we can do at home (because when we leave the West Coast in a few months to return to the East Coast, we won't have Krav Maga to keep us healthy. I am already afraid and mourning the loss in my life). We stumbled across one that I would like to share with you. It's called bodyrock. And can be found at: www.bodyrock.tv
The coach/instructor on the site is very REAL (as in she works hard and sweats and runs out of breath) and she is from Prague. Her hubby does all the filming. He also does all the posts. He seems to be "artistic" in the poses he deems appropriate for the photo/demo he uses. So, this is the disclaimer I want to share. Don't judge the site by the somewhat provocative poses...get past them...and watch the workouts. He is clearly using her envy inducing athletic body to promote the site, and, let's face it, she does look amazing...but some of the images are just a bit TOO much. However, trust me, there isn't anything provocative about the actual demonstrations and workouts. Disclaimer aside, she posts a new one every day. The best part about it: They are interval workouts (All the current rage sweeping the fitness web sites). Some are only 4 minutes. Some are 16. Each segment she demonstrates how to properly do the exercises, then shows you what a full interval segment will be like. She then instructs you on how long or how many reps you should do for the day. Interval training is intense. And, if done correctly, it will yield results quickly and dramatically. In fact, they (as in "fitness experts") are suggesting that unless endurance is your goal, running on treadmills and doing long sessions or cardio isn't going to produce results as quickly or as effectively as interval training will. It is an amazing work out in about 1/4 to 1/2 the time. But, you REALLY have to crank it up for those 15-20 minutes. If you do a soggy workout, you'll get soggy results. That makes sense, right? So....if you are looking for something new and intense and easy enough to do in your own home...and BRIEF, then I would recommend checking it out. She also has a bunch of stuff on there about nutrition. I haven't really gotten into that part of her web site yet, but it might be something to check out as well. Right now, I can only comment on the workouts...and THOSE are excellent. Give 'em a look-see and tell me what you think.
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment