Saturday, January 30, 2010

Apologies

I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post.  Oops!  It's been a while.  Maybe that's 'cause some plans have changed.  Although I am still running, I am not progressing as quickly as I had hoped.  Running more then 3 miles per run right now is turning out to be more of a challenge then I had anticipated.  I just can't seem to do it.  I get bored.  SOOO bored.  I don't find myself pondering or having mini-self-therapy sessions.  Instead I find myself constantly trying to convince myself to keep going.  It's sort of depressing.  So, I admit that I have scaled back my running days.  I'm still running 2-3 days a week, but I've also tossed back in the elliptical, weight lifting AND I've added in "Wii Active".  Variety.  I crave variety and I'm just not getting it with the running. I'm *really* hoping that things will turn around when the weather improves and I will find myself enjoying a beautiful spring run.  But it's too cold to run outside and I'm too bored on the treadmill.  So, I'm switchin' things up for now.  I don't intend to give up.  Just wanted to keep you all up to date.  Do any of you have tips for beating the winter running blahs?  Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Do you like Audio books? Eric runs through a TV episode he puts on his I-pod. It helps him to not think about how much longer, or how far he's run (He preferes not to know till he's done)
    hope it helps. You still doing so much more than me! This semester's schedule kind of threw me for a loop that I'm not really wanting to jump through (this means that I don't want to have to get up a 6 am to exercise in the cold, but of course you knew that!)
    I'm so proud of you! I want your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have missed your witty running commentary, however, know the feeling been there done that and not doing what you are but need to! You are great!

    ReplyDelete