Monday, February 22, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes....

Okay, so change takes time.  We've got time.  But in the meantime....guess what I did Sunday morning?  I went running.  Not my average, "Ugh, I've got to do this just to say I did it..." run but the, "I'm feeling G-O-O-D, let's push it a bit..." sort of run.  And I did push it.  I ran 4 miles.  When I was done sadly absent was any feeling of elation or thrill of completion.  Instead I felt horrible.  My legs were jelly.  I was sick to my stomach.  And I vowed NEVER to do it again.  But that was yesterday morning and I was too close to the situation to recognize the accomplishment as anything more than an unnecessary torture session.  I rolled out of bed this morning (couldn't have jumped out for anything short of an unexpected fire alarm) and instantly felt the results.  Sore tired muscles.  Not to mention that last night I was SOOO tired that I missed watching the US Men take on the Canadian Men in Hockey...and WIN!  I did however see Bode Miller get his gold medal....that's a New Hampshire native for you!  Back to my accomplishment....running 4 miles.  That's a big deal for me.  It has been 6 months since I started this run for insanity.  I've come a long way in 6 months.  I ran 4 miles all at once.  Here's the thing I realized.  I may not be the kind of person who can walk out their door and simply run and run and run.  I am the kind of person that can walk out their door, walk a bit, run a bit, walk a bit...and still manage to do 4 miles.  4 miles is 4 miles, right?  I did it!  I could sit an analyze it and agree that if I had RAN the entire time I would have burned more calories and finished faster, but that wasn't the goal.  The goal was 4 miles.  Done!  Up next:  4.5 miles.....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go - so proud of you! Looking forward to the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete