Sunday, December 13, 2009

Here we go again...

Today I officially began my couch potato to 10K running program.  As of this week I will be running 4 days a week, instead of just 3.  I'm not sure what makes me think I can do this, as I've struggled to fit in just 3 days, but I'm committed.   I'll give it a good go.  The fact of the matter is that I am happy with the results.  I like the way I feel after I run (not during, I must stress).  I like the benefits.  So, I'm still in.  I am pleased to note that for this first week I only have to run for 25 minutes straight, I suppose this is a compromise of sorts since they are adding a day of running.  I ran today and still managed to squeak in 3 miles.  I kicked my speed up .2 miles, and for the very last 2 minutes of my run I cranked it up .8....and nearly fell off the treadmill once.  Anyway, this week will be about time, not distance (I say that now...but who am I kidding?  If I don't get in 3 miles each run I will feel like I'm moving backwards).
Anyway...no goal yet as to when I will be able to run a 10K, but....I'm guessing the end of March.
We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, I am so impressed with what you are doing - almost feels like I'm doing it too, which of course you know that I'm not. Never the less, I am proud of you and love reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this program!!! My husband and I did it in September and October and are looking forward to starting it again in January. Congratulations on completing it!!!

    ReplyDelete