Monday, December 7, 2009

OH, YEAH!!!!

And today marks the day that I did my very last couch potato to 5K run.  I finished the program.  I can run a 5K in just under 40 minutes.  I'm feeling just a bit giddy right now.  Next up?  I hear they have a couch potato to 10K.  And since this last program worked so well for me, I figured I might as well give it a shot.  After all, I am now running 30 minutes without a break (5 minutes of walking bookends this 30 minutes).  At my current pace I would need to run for over 1 hour.  Ha.  Then again, in my younger more athletic years, an hour of aerobic activity didn't kill me.  But that was a quad-step class (SOOOOO MUCH FUN) and was more like learning a new dance every class.  So I'm pretty sure that EVENTUALLY I will be able to do this.  Eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment