Thursday, June 3, 2010

GAAAAAW!

I have one of those husbands that is genetically blessed. I kid you not when I tell you that he has spent an ENTIRE summer sitting on his tail, gaming, AND eating an entire PINT of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream every night (by himself)...and managed to actually LOOOOOSE weight. (How does one afford to eat a pint of B&J every night? Well, you have a relative that works at the factory and guess what? They get to bring home 3 free pints A DAY! That's how.) Anyway, this amazing man I've married is sympathetic (if not empathetic) to my plight. If I even LOOK at a pint of B&J, I'm gaining weight. A few days ago he says to me, "I think I'm going to start running too." Okay. Great. Because we are parents of 3 young children who can not be left home alone (yet) we have to take turns. My husband is also a morning person. So he gets up and runs for 25-30 minutes from 6-6:30. Then I go from 6:30-7:30. Today was his day 2. On Thursdays I buy donuts for my family (honestly, I don't eat them...they just don't tempt me). He loves Glazed donuts. Today he looked at his donut and said, "Wow! After just 2 days of exercising, I suddenly don't feel like I need or want to eat this donut. But I'm going to. Because I can." Do you want to hit him as much as I did? The look on my face must have communicated this. He knew he had just said something insensitive. Grrrrr. The fact that this morning I went to the gym and did 40 intense and HARD minutes on the elliptical (the one with the arm levers so you work out your upper body too) and then came home and ate fiber one toast with all natural peanut butter for breakfast, a veggie burger and fruit for lunch, and a mushroom burger with a baked potato (without any of the "stuff" that makes is so tasty) for dinner and probably didn't lose an ounce (In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I gained) while HE did 25 minutes of running, ate 2 donuts, a fried chicken sandwich, and then a huge turkey bacon club sandwich with french fries for dinner AND he will probably lose weight....well...this tickles my justice scale. It makes me angry. It isn't fair. He doesn't care. I do. He doesn't even like to eat. I do. I want to have an all out throw myself on the ground and kick my feet while banging my fists on the floor and screaming, "IT JUST ISN'T FAIR" temper tantrum. And I confess that inside, I totally AM having that fit. Do any of you have husbands or friends like this in your life? How do they effect you and how to you react to them? Just wondering if there are any coping mechanisms out there that I can employ. Feel free to share. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment