Sunday, October 10, 2010

One week

I read an article the other day written by a collaboration of nutritionist and personal trainers. It was full of advice and answers to health questions. Most of it I already knew. But there was one questions inquiring about how soon you should see results. The answer shocked me. I figured 4 weeks and you should be able to tell that you've been busting your tail...at least a LITTLE something, right? Do you know how long before you see results? 12 WEEKS! That's right, TWELVE freaking weeks. Is it any wonder that I usually only make it 6 weeks before I get frustrated and give up? So I'm committed to 12 weeks. I'm going to try to do some sort of cardio and/or weight training at least 5 days a week. I'm one week down. I missed going to the gym on Friday this week and I generally try to take Sunday off (I don't consider 50 sit-ups before bed a violation of that). So I made it. 5 days of classes at the gym. My favorite class was offered on Thursday and Saturday. It was a quad-step aerobics class...the last 20 minutes of the class the instructor pushed us to do 6 steps. Awesome. Exhausting. Totally worth it.
Now, despite my new found knowledge (remember, 12 weeks) I still find myself stepping on the scale every morning hoping that I'm the exception. Why? I don't know. Maybe just to torture myself....maybe because I find it difficult to believe that one can work so hard and NOT see some sort of result. It just doesn't seem fair. (I know, I know. LIFE isn't FAIR. Does this statement make you want to stick out your tongue as well?) So, another 11 weeks to go. I expect to see results...and I'll probably still step on the scale every single morning....because I'm just that kind of person right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment