Monday, October 25, 2010

Third Week

This week the Flu Bug hit our house. Which means that all 5 of us had a sick day. My 8 year old took Sunday. My 6 year old and 2 year old shared Monday. My day was Tuesday. Wednesday I was still in recovery mode. Thursday evening my hubby began his round and ended it Friday evening. So, I went to the gym on Monday, then did 2 classes on Thursday. Wednesday, even though I was not feeling well, I took my oldest kids to a corn maze and wandered around for a while. On Friday evening I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical. So I still did 3 days, and one of those days I did 2 classes to make up for missing one earlier that week. Not bad for a week of sickies. Right? Have you ever noticed that men don't handle the flu quite as well as women do? Is that only at my house? When I was sick, I emptied my own bowl, still managed to get the kids lunches packed, back packs ready and kids out the door. My husband laid in bed and asked me to empty his bowl each time he got sick. Under normal circumstances, my husband doesn't mind helping around the house...but when he's in charge of the whole day, well, it turns out he DOES mind. It was a LONG week. Incidentally, it turns out that the flu offers some pretty quick weight loss. 5 lbs in 24 hours. Not bad. Also not permanent and certainly not the way to do it. I don't recommend it. Fortunately THIS week has already started off better. I even talked my hubby into joining me for circuit training. It's fun to exercise with a buddy....and for me, it was even better that it was my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment