Sunday, October 17, 2010

Second week done

Okay, so remember in my last post, just one week ago, I mentioned that it takes 12 weeks to see a difference? And I sort of naively inferred that I would STILL be stepping on the scale (daily) just to check-in? Well, I have ben doing it. And after 2 weeks I can tell you that the scale isn't budging. I *KNOW* I am working hard. I confess that I haven't changed my eating habits. BUT, I figured I'm working out and burning massive amounts of calories 5 times a week and DARN IT if I didn't expect to see some sort of drop on that scale. It is SO hard not to get frustrated. I even did 2 extra classes this week. I mean...come ON! What's a girl gotta do? Okay. That's not a fair question. If I were to alter my diet on top of this increase in calorie burning, I'm sure I would see the number on the scale begin to drop. Anyway, despite the lack of decrease, I am still going to keep getting up every morning and going to these classes. I tried a "pump it" class this week (one of my new "extra" classes). It was 45 minutes of weights using a barbell and hand weights but working your whole body. Most of me is just a touch tender but my pectorals are KILLING me. A good sign. Sore muscles. This coming week I am hoping to make it to a spin class. Shudder. I don't like to bike. That little teeny tiny seat just doesn't do it for me. But, it looks like a good calorie burn...and my husband wants to go. (Just what I need, to work out next to my incredibly healthy skinny husband...who just happens to be a cyclist.)
One of the positive side effects of this exercise thing is that I have no problem falling asleep at night. If I would just get off the computer and close my eyes, that is. So I'm going to do that now and probably dream about working out. 'Cause that's what I do now. I even workout in my sleep. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment