Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fueled by fury

I have 3 kids.  Ages 7, 5, and 2.  I love them.  BUT...this morning I wanted to toss them all back in their rooms, bolts the doors shut and NOT hear or see them again for several hours.  They were fighting, and breaking things, and....I guess just being kids.  Naughty kids.  So I channeled the fury I was feeling and went for a run.  3.5 miles worth of a run.  And then I lifted weights.  I was REALLY angry and needed to work out (literally) my frustration.  I don't like being angry and frustrated with my family, but it's GREAT for my workout!  The happy endorphins kicked in and I returned to my family in a much better mood.   I packed 'em into the car and we went to the park.   They needed to run around and play too.  For whatever reason they don't fight when they are outside.  Fresh air defuses them....and if I'm lucky, they will be just a touch worn out and will go to sleep earlier tonight.  It's all worth it.  And a fury fueled run is pretty fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment