Sunday, May 30, 2010

Something new

I woke up this morning and decided that today was the day I would take my 7 (almost 8) year old daughter with me to the gym.  I'd let her walk on the treadmill next to me.  She's been asking to do this for a while...it's something we've been telling her she needed to be older for and now we think she could give it a try.  Well, once it became public family knowledge that she was going to the gym with me, the other 2 quickly decided that THEY should go to.  So rather then take just the 7 year old to the gym with me, we ALL got ready and went to the outdoor track.  It was great fun!  The whole family went running.  And we were fortunate enough to find 2 LARGE turtles, one was digging a hole to lay her eggs.  It was a pretty great family adventure.  If child care is one reason you DON'T work out, I would encourage you to try inviting your family along.  You might be surprised to discover that they will LOVE it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment