Friday, May 28, 2010

Well hello!

Hello everyone! I'm so happy that Tracey invited me to help contribute to this blog! I found it the other day while I was browsing all of my favorite bloggers, and was really inspired by what I was reading. I know how important it is to have a support system, and no matter where you find it, if it works for you, hang on to it. Let me just put it this way, Tuesday was the first day since November, yes, you're reading that right, November, that I had been back to the gym. Man, that's depressing when you put it in writing, but it's amazing how fast time goes by when you get caught up in day to day things! It really is one of those situations though where if I just took an hour out of my day, a few days a week, I wouldn't be back at square one like I am now. That's all in the past though! I'm set to get back in shape, and hopefully inspire my hubby to get back into it too.

Just to introduce myself to start with, I used to be roommates with Tracey back in SLC. Back then she knew me as the 'gymnast in heels' since we would frequently lock ourselves out of our garage and had to send someone through the rafters of the neighbors conjoined garage to open ours from the inside. Guess who that someone was... It made complete sense though, back then I was all of 115 pounds, and wasn't as afraid of the spiders as someone else. Yeah Tracey, I just called you out on that one. Either way, I'm now living in Arizona, was recently married (celebrating our 6 month anniversary on 06/05!), have a 110 lb. bullmastiff who thinks he's a lap dog, I'm going to school for my MBA, and I work on average 45 - 55 hours a week for a school as a financial services manager. When I'm not working, I'm trying to keep my house up, doing homework, and love to craft and bake. Busy bee!

So I started C25K this week. Tuesday was my first day, and man was I sore the next couple of days. I should have gone back in by now, but have been so swamped with work that my days literally have been working, eating, and sleeping. No bueno. I'm set on going back in tomorrow though, and am kind of excited. I love the way I feel after a good workout, and totally forgot about that before I went back in this week! I really should get a shirt that says 'I heart endorphins, they make me happy!'

Did I mention that I found a 5K that I want to run in this fall? I like to walk for breast cancer research when I get the chance, in fact the last one I walked was a couple of years ago here in Phoenix - the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure. There is one of these events this year on 10/10/10, and I'm really excited to train to run in it! This is the first time I've ever done something like this, but I know that if I really put my mind to it, I can do it! I'll start with this goal, and who knows, maybe after I accomplish that, I'll make a bigger goal of a half marathon some day. Baby steps first though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment