Thursday, May 27, 2010

I like to move it, move it....

I love working out.  I really do.  But like any other mother/wife/woman I don't always have the time for it.  It is always a tricky balancing act.  I need to give my family, my home, my husband and myself all equal time.  And (again, like most women) I tend to put MY time at the bottom of the list.  The obvious solution is to go to bed earlier so that I can sleep enough to get UP earlier and fit in my exercise.  I'm not a morning person.  It is my LEAST favorite time of day.  But I have a friend who asked me to do the C25K with her....and SHE wants to run in the morning.  So, I'm learning to like (will probably never LOVE) morning workouts.  I do like getting it done and out of the way for the day.  I like that it gets me out of bed and starting my day at a reasonable hour.  I feel very productive.  Today my friends called at 6:25...."I'm not gonna make it."  And I collapsed gratefully back into bed.  On most days, that would have been the end of it.  Missed opportunity.  But, not today.  I *DID* finally get to the gym for a 30 minute calorie burning festival on the elliptical.  I prefer to spend at least 40 minutes, but....I took what time I could and did the best with the time I had.  The point is, there is always a way to fit it in.  It's all about choices.  I've got friends who fit their exercise in by doing 10 minute chunks here and there throughout the day.  Other friends go late at night (like 10pm).  Whatever you do, whatever choice you make, just make sure it's a choice to get out and MOVE IT.  Go walking.  Go bowling.  Golf.  Run.  Hula hoop.  Anything...as long as it's something.  You'll feel better.  You know you will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment