Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bad Day Part 2 - The Electric Boogaloo

Yes, I just said "Electric Boogaloo".  It's for Ben.  Breakin' 2: The Electric Boogaloo is his favorite movie title of all time.

Ok, back to the running.  Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when Shannon posted Bad Day? Well, I think it is the W6D2 curse.  I'm not kidding.

Ben didn't finish the second 10 minute run due to a calf muscle condition he has been fighting.

Here are the lame reasons why I didn't finish the second 10 minute run:

1.  I had a bad attitude.  People were driving like idiots, I'm SWAMPED with work, my organizational system is out of whack and I have a giant mountain of laundery in my bedroom that hasn't been folded for a month. Like since before I went to visit Shannon.  Oh, and my baby was experiencing post-nap crankiness.  A recipe for disaster.

2.  My chest went all crazy and tight.  I thought my bad habits were finally catching up to me and I was having a heart attack at the age of 30.

3.  I felt like vomiting.

4.  Oh, and I had a bad attitude.

5.  And I gave up.

The moral of this story is that W6D2 is cursed and it wasn't my fault  you are your own worst enemy.

Don't defeat yourself before you even start.

1 comment:

  1. I think its a cursed running day! You're still awesome. Isn't it cool though to be able to say you've been running for 6 weeks now? Yes. Yes it does.

    ReplyDelete