Thursday, November 5, 2009

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE.....ACCOMPLISHED!
Did you hear a disturbance in the atmosphere today at approximately 6:35pm EDT?  If you did, I can explain.  It was at 6:35pm today that I did what I believed was impossible.  I RAN A 5K...and not only 3.1 miles...but 3.25 miles!  That disturbance you would have heard was me yelling and cheering and crying all at the same time when I finally finished.  It took me 45 minutes.  Of that 45 minutes, I ran 30.  25 of them straight out...and then because I was SOOO close to 3.1 miles I decided to run an additional 5 minutes.  
I've worked HARD.  And despite all of the effort, if you looked at me today you might not see the kind of person who could run a 5K, let alone who WOULD willing run one.  What you would see is a person who weighs 25 lbs less then she did when she started this, who 6 weeks ago couldn't run 90 seconds without wanting to swear, who has discovered a new sense of confidence AND who wants to do this.  And so, I think I can declare M:I:1 done.  On to M:I:2...the 10 K.  UGH!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even start to tell you how totally impressed and proud of you I am! You give me hope! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete