Thursday, November 12, 2009

Doctor's Orders....

So I went to see the doctor today to find out if there is any sort of treatment/management we can set up for my knee issues.  Turns out the doctor isn't such a big fan of running while your knee is indicating "stress".  I told her NOT doing something was NOT an option.  She told me running while my knee is having a "flare up" is NOT an option.  So we've compromised.  I can run on the days when my knee isn't swollen BUT on the days when it is swollen I have to choose an alternative activity.  Like the eliptical or recumbent bike.  I opted for the eliptical machine today.  I still did 3 miles but found that I had to work harder to get my heart rate up to the same level that it would be at if I were running....and although 7 weeks ago this would have been my preferred method of aerobic activity, today I found myself wishing I were running...OUTSIDE.  Running outside was the best thing I could have done.  I want to do it ALL the time now.  I even informed my husband that I want "night running gear" for Christmas this year.  Let's see if he remembers.
Anyway....there will be a few days when I don't get to run.  But, its good to mix things up here and there.  I'm not giving up.  I'm mixing up.  Doctor's orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment