Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ben's Shoes

I have a darling husband.  He's the BEST.  When I decided that I wanted to start running, he joined me.  Even though he really dislikes running.  Of course, he's in much better shape than I am so it hasn't been quite as challenging for him.

Ben has been running on old shoes since we began so when the sole started falling off we decided it was time for new shoes.  We took a trip to the running store so he could be fitted.  After trying on a couple pairs he found the ones he likes.  One problem . . . they're crazy looking.



For the record, I think they are awesome.  The picture doesn't quite do the neon yellow justice.

Tonight I finished W5D2.  This work out entails warmup, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run, cool down. Ben has been super supportive and even though he should be ahead of me, he held back so we could be on the same schedule again.  He was so proud when I finished my two 8 minute runs.  I love having a husband that supports my crazy plans.


1 comment:

  1. Wow....those are some colorful shoes. I bet they make you run faster. I had a pair of shoes when I was little that I *KNOW* made me run faster....they had flames on them.
    Way to go, Tracey! You are so amazing! You inspire me! We kinda rock just a little bit, don't we?

    ReplyDelete