Friday, October 23, 2009

Let's here it for the...GIRL.....

I know this song is from like the '80s and originally titled "Let's here it for the BOY" and made popular in that classic FOOTLOOSE (if you have every laid eyes on my hot hubby, you will know that he resembles K.B. quite a bit).
Anyway, I'm diggin' for some props today.  Last night, I went to Relief Society.  And ate yummy food that was probably not as healthy as, say, a Lean Cuisine.  But it was tastier.  I had no intentions of going running.  But, I started thinking about it.  And the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it.  YES!  I said WANTED!  So I came home and went over to the gym for my run on the treadmill.  I'm not gonna lie...it was really hard.  But not as hard as I had expected it to be.  I did the required 5 minute warm-up walk, all the while dreading the "run now" command.  Inevitably, the phrase came and I began to jog...FOR 8 MINUTES straight.  Followed by a 5 minute walk.  Followed by ANOTHER 8 MINUTES.  I'm going to let you have a little insight into my persona for a moment.  I am NOT a finisher, by nature.  I start lots of projects and get 3/4 or even 7/8 of the way finished and then I just never complete them.  With that in mind, the last 30 SECONDS of this last run were sheer torture and I very nearly didn't make it.  But I DID do it.  I did!  I managed to run/walk 2.5 miles in 35 minutes. Who-hoo!  I'm really excited about this.  
A lot of people have been asking me lately, "How's the running going?"  The answer: "Great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment