Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A word about SUPPORT...

So, as a cautionary tale it would be important to note that one should NOT purchase sports bras in bulk....like at Sam's Club.  Regardless of the deal.  Still searching for that perfect one...and hoping it doesn't cost me a fortune.  Frugal doesn't pay off in this regard.  Who knew?

On another note...today I did week 4 day 2.  I confess that I wasn't in a good mood when I went.  
1.  I wasn't feeling well *sniff*. 
2. I was sort of agitated with my hubby *sniff* *sniff*.  
3.  I had just put Tracey on a plane *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*.  
4.  I realized that although Tracey spent her entire visit taking pictures, there are no pictures of the 2 of us together. *whaaaa* How did we let that happen?

I started this run with a pity party.  It didn't get better.  I know for some people running is therapy, but all I managed to do was think about MORE reasons to be sad.  It was pathetic.  
And then the little application voice said, "workout complete".  I was pleased to see that I had improved my distance by .2 miles.  But that was not enough to make me even crack a smile.  I hadn't died....or slipped on my sappy tears.  Good job.  Here's the best part...I realized that I actually ran TWO 5 minutes sections, not just One...*sniff?*  Are you kidding me?  Nope.  It wasn't a joke.  My legs feel it quite sincerely.  

I felt a little better after this discovery.  And just because I felt like it, I came home, showered, went downstairs, got a fuzzy warm blanket, snuggled up on the couch and watched a chick-flick.  Alone.  With my fire place blazing.  Now I really do feel better.  Chocolate may have improved the moment, but it's time to get back on the "good eats" wagon (sort of fell off it while Trace was here...not her fault....just something that happens every once in a while).

Now, back to that little bit about support.  Good shoes.  Good sports bra.  Good friends.  All essential to this experience.  The support of all 3 will ensure success.  



No comments:

Post a Comment