Monday, October 26, 2009

Oops...I did it again

You know what they say about the best laid plans and all that?  Well, I intended to go running this weekend.  It would have been my first outside run.  But life got in the way.  I was supposed to walk for 5 minutes and then run for 20.  I confess that I was a bit concerned about this and perhaps the reason I didn't run was because I was intimidated by the idea of running for 20 minutes straight.  But because I didn't run for 4 days, when I got on the treadmill today and looked down at my ipod KNOWING that I was supposed to do week 5, day 3...I totally chickened out.  Instead, I ran week 5 day 2...again.  BUT, I did it faster then I did last time AND instead of walking for 5 minutes at the end, I walked for 90 seconds, ran for another 90 and then finished with a 90 second walk.  Don't worry, I still had to walk HOME from the gym...so I got in a 5 minute cool down.  I have intentions of doing week 5 day 3 at some point.  I'm thinking it might be at the end of the week.  Maybe.  I'm intimidated by the 20 minute run.  That's a big leap from the 60 seconds I began this whole adventure with.  But, I know it will feel SOOOOO good to be abel to say, "I did it!".  So....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment