Friday, October 23, 2009

Shannon 4 - Tracey 1. Ouch.

Hi  . . . . my name is Tracey.  Just in case you forgot.

This is a post about the lack of running and why you don't take a break.  So as you know, I spent a week in New England with Shannon.  I ran while I was there.  It was fun!  I also worked while I was there.  I took a MILLION pictures.  Ok, maybe not a million but about 3000.

Then I went to Disney World where I did not run.  I was too busy playing and wading through thousands of pictures.  (I did however walk a million miles and eat tons of crappy food.  Apparently the walking paid off though because they weight that I gained at Shannon's was GONE by the time I got home!)

Then I came home.  The little guy needed milk, laundry needed to be done and I had been gone for 2 wks.  So I didn't run Tuesday.

Then it was Wednesday.  And I ran.  For 15 minutes.  I got hurt.  I pulled a muscle in my leg.  Bad.

Now it's Friday and we are running this afternoon. Last night I felt like crap because Shannon is WAY ahead of me and I have basically disappeared from a blog that is really important to me.  I'm now the guest blogger.

I talked to darling hubby about this and he reminded me that this is a goal, not a competition.  So, that being said, I'm going back to my roots.  I will run because I want to run and because it is important. I will only blog 2 time a week. After the first workout and after the last workout.  I blog because I run. Not because I need to blog.  Not because Shannon is out running me. (PS- Shan, I'm super proud of you!  Thanks for keeping this baby alive.) I still love you all and love this blog.  I just need to stop pressuring myself so much!

I'm running for me, Ben and Sam.  Because they deserve a healthy wife and mother.  I deserve to be healthy.

T-Dog out.

Oh . . . and just so you know, we have had visitors from 20 states.  You guys are awesome!!!

1 comment:

  1. T-Dog...you are my hero. I wouldn't even be trying to do this if you hadn't recruited me. Someone asked me last night what "cause" I was running for and I realized that I am doing this JUST for me. And it's about time I did something JUST for me. I blog because I need that accountability to keep me motivated. I wish I had enough motivation to do it on my own, but...I don't. I'm proud of you. I'm sorry your leg got hurt...I can relate. I've been thinking about tapering off my posts as well, but I'm worried that if I allow myself to do that, I will allow myself to taper the running too. So....we'll see. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete